Pages

Friday, May 8, 2020

Night Goblin #3

Here's the last of the three GW night goblins currently in my possession. Again from around 1992, probably from the same set, here's a standard-bearer.


I wasn't sure what to put on the banner. At first I tried a pine tree at the wife's suggestion, but it looked like a Christmas tree. I think the moon turned out OK. It was also pointed out that his outfit makes him look like Mother Theresa. Oh well.








I think there's at least one half-focused picture in there.



The banner was originally meant to be wrapped around the pole, as seen here. I settled on flapping-in-the-wind. Just a bit more dynamic.


2 comments:

  1. Dad's right, the highlights on the flag seem to bring out the quality of a flaggy material really well and appears magically as though it is real flag material. The fabric on the clothes seems really 'heavy' and 'weighty' in the way you have painted it, was that intended?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's just exaggerated light and shade, and I added some texture with visible brush strokes, maybe that's what makes the cloth seem so clothy.

    ReplyDelete

Grenadier goblin

  My latest project. A Grenadier goblin from 1985, I think. Not sure how I'll proceed, but I've given him a custom oval base. I'...