Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

New Old Longbeard

This is a Marauder Longbeard from 1992. I uncovered it on a trip to my parents' house a couple of Christmases ago. He had a bit of paint very roughly splashed on him and, in the spirit of previous model restorations, I have updated the painting without altering the paint choices too much.

The model as found:


How he looks now:













Some progress shots. I changed the small gems from red to blue/green, and the large purple one to orangey-red. Perhaps my first choice was better?

Other news: Welcome new subscriber Batunatu Batunatu to my blog! Thank you for your interest.

4 comments:

  1. Such a characterful little dwarf! Great re-work, looks really ace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I was disappointed how dull the helmet looked in the photo, but you can use your imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a change. Its cute! I like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks Pepe. He scrubs up well doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete

Grenadier goblin

  My latest project. A Grenadier goblin from 1985, I think. Not sure how I'll proceed, but I've given him a custom oval base. I'...