Pages

Friday, October 5, 2018

Reboot

I rummaged around in my parents' loft a couple of years ago and found my old miniatures. Only the longbeards were painted. The Bugman's Brewers were still in the box, and some thunderers were half painted and looking pretty horrible. More on those later. Here are Bugman's Brewers. There are ten in total, these are the ones worth showing.



Joseph Bugman
Champion
Standard
Ranger

I had read a lot about miniature painting before painting these, and watched youtube tutorials. I think what I was able to apply from this studying was the use of subtlety through diluted paint, and greater attention to shadow and highlight placing. My favourite is the ranger. I took the idea for his verdigris belt decoration from one of my longbeards. That one has a more jade look, but I liked the green detail. Grey rocks in the grass add a new element.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grenadier goblin

  My latest project. A Grenadier goblin from 1985, I think. Not sure how I'll proceed, but I've given him a custom oval base. I'...